Advanced Learning Pathway: Lateral Ankle Instability - Treatment
Objectives of this Pathway:
- Understand the relevant anatomy and surgical approach for lateral
- Describe the clinical evaluation and role of advanced for surgical
- Describe the difference(s) of anatomic vs. non-anatomic repair
- Describe the advantages and disadvantages of autograft vs.
- Describe the role of arthroscopy in lateral ankle stabilization
- Describe other procedures where ancillary lateral ankle
stabilization may be considered
Download a PDF of this learning pathway
2: Role of Arthroscopy in Lateral Ankle Stabilization
are the Future of Lateral Ankle Instability
Inside Out Ankle Stabilization
16-1: Arthrodiastasis, Arthroscopic Stabilization
3: Revision, Secondary, & Ancillary Stabilization
The ACFAS learning pathways are a tool to be used by residency directors, fellowship directors and school faculty to aid with didactic learning during the COVID-19 crisis. They are not intended to replace a curriculum, but to supplement student and resident education during this time of need. The learning pathways are divided into basic, intermediate, and advanced categories. Pathways have been organized into specific topics that have a variety of educational materials from the ACFAS On Demand course content. They also include journal articles with links primarily from The Journal of Foot & Ankle Surgery (JFAS).