ACFAS Educational Pathways
The ACFAS Educational Pathways are a tool to be used by residency directors, fellowship
directors and school faculty to aid with didactic learning during the COVID-19
crisis. It is not intended to replace a curriculum, however, it is to supplement student and resident education during this time of need.
pathways are divided into basic, intermediate and advanced categories.
been organized into specific topics that have a variety of educational
materials from ACFAS OnDemand course content. It also includes journal
articles with links primarily from The Journal of Foot & Ankle Surgery.
There is a lock on the videos per CPME guidelines for
CME, as users are required to view the series in its entirety to earn CME. For
those students and residents accessing OnDemand videos for a specific topic,
you may need to fast forward through earlier content to access it.
ACFAS Research Committee has created a schedule of live content to teach
research, including but not limited to presentations, webinars, and Journal
clubs. More details will be provided as it is ready -- please click below to view currently available content.
Recommended for 3rd and 4th
year students. Review for residents.
Recommended for 1st
- What’s Up with the 2nd Ray? – Etiology and Various Treatment Options of the 2nd Met
- Hallux Limitus/Rigidus – Etiology, Treatment and Complications
- Hallux Valgus – Basic Treatment and Etiology
- Lapidus – Treatment Options and Complications
- Pesky Peroneals – Etiology, Treatment and Complications of
- Adult Flatfoot (PTTD)1 – Etiology, Treatment, Complications - Flexible
- Pediatrics 1 – Forefoot – Digital, Metatarsal, HAV, Osteochondridities
- Achilles Tendon – Lengthening, Ruptures, Tendonosis(itis)
- Ankle Arthroscopy – Basics - Portals, Equipment, Principles
- Trauma 2 - Rearfoot
Recommended for 2nd and 3rd
year residents and post graduate fellows.