Board Nomination Applications Due September 23, 2022
The ACFAS Nominating Committee is looking for the best and the brightest to serve on its Board of Directors. Please review the following information carefully. If you believe you are qualified and have reviewed the information on this page and have all application items completed, please submit your application by September 23, 2022.
- Submit Your Board Nomination Application
- ACFAS Financial Conflict and Duality of Interest (FCDI) Disclosure Form
- ACFAS Confidentiality & Duality of interest Policies
Online voting for members will start no later than November 28, 2022 and will end on December 14, 2022. The elected directors will be announced shortly thereafter and will start their term of service at the ACFAS 2023 Scientific Conference on February 9-12, 2023 in Los Angeles.
The ACFAS Board of Directors is composed of eleven Fellows. Directors are elected to three-year terms who govern strategically through four basic roles:
- Setting the College’s strategic vision, mission, and goals based on member survey input.
- Allocating financial and human resources to match the strategic plan.
- Empowering its committees, task forces, and staff to operate unencumbered within the framework of the College’s mission, strategic plan, and policies.
- Adopting professional policies and statements that will shape the future of the specialty and promote superior care for foot and ankle surgical patients.
While any Fellow is eligible to serve, the Nominating Committee is especially interested in potential candidates who have demonstrated leadership qualities in the following areas and agree to the following guidelines:
- Past service on ACFAS committee(s) or task forces(s). Demonstrated leadership as a committee chair is highly desired.
- Attendance at recent Annual Scientific Conference(s) and other College events.
- Board experience in other member- or donor-based organizations (including non-podiatric groups).
- Articulates a clear and progressive vision for the profession and the College.
- A willingness to represent the membership as a whole, thinks strategically, and works well in a team atmosphere.
- Is independent and respected in the profession.
- Understands and adheres to the legal duties of a not-for-profit corporate director (e.g., the duties of care, loyalty, and obligation).
- Will commit freely and willingly of their personal time and professional expertise for a minimum of three board meetings per year, serve as board liaison to at least one committee, be accessible daily via email, and come prepared to all meetings.
Board Nomination Application
Please review the required document submissions below. Applicants should create a separate file for each of the four (4) items and be sure they are clearly labeled:
1) ONE-PAGE SUMMARY CURRICULUM VITAE - No CV longer than one-page will be accepted, however speaking roles and published papers may be uploaded as a separate document.
2) PAST SERVICE ON ACFAS COMMITTEES OR TASK FORCES – List the group name and date(s) of service. List any Chair positions held. Do not list speaking/author roles here, see item one for these.
3) BOARD OF DIRECTORS EXPERIENCE IN OTHER MEMBER- OR DONOR-BASED ORGANIZATIONS. Not limited to podiatry. Examples: Served as a board director on a non-profit United Way or state podiatric medical association. (If an officer, list all positions.)
4) OPEN-ENDED QUESTION (no more than one-page). Please state your vision for the future of foot and ankle surgery and how the College can achieve that vision. Well-articulated, visionary descriptions are desired.
For additional information on the Board of Directors Nominations and Elections process, please visit acfas.org/nominations. If you have any questions regarding board service or the nominating process, please contact Nominating Committee Chair Thanh Dinh, DPM, FACFAS at firstname.lastname@example.org or Executive Director, Patrick (PJ) Andrus, CAE at email@example.com. Thank you for your interest in serving the College and the specialty!
Submit your Board Nomination Application now.