Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, Washington DC and West Virginia
Recent Activity and Upcoming Events
You’re Invited to a Complications Seminar
Mid-Atlantic Region Complications Seminar
Saturday, October 5, 2019
8am - 4pm
Mark your calendars and register now for this not-to-be missed Mid-Atlantic Region seminar on foot and ankle complications..
Inova Fairfax Hospital
3300 Gallows Rd
Falls Church, VA
The seminar will be held in the Cyrus Vesuna Auditorium, Second Floor.
Presentations will be given by each of the Mid-Atlantic Region residency programs. These presentations will represent the more interesting cases from each residency program. Audience participation with open discussion is encouraged. Please feel free to bring your own cases for discussion as well.
Breakfast and lunch will be provided and a Region Meeting will be held during lunch.
A laptop computer and LCD projector will be available for your use. Please bring your PowerPoint presentation on a flash drive.
Book your hotel with the Fairview Park Marriott: 3111 Fairview Park Drive, Falls Church VA. You can make a reservation online or call the hotel at (800) 228-9290 and provide the city, state, and name of the hotel, their arrival date, and ask for the ACFAS Complications Seminar Room Block. The room rate is $89.
6 CME will be provided by the Virginia Podiatric Medical Association (VPMA)
To register, send your registration form with a check payable to:
ACFAS Mid-Atlantic Region
710 Kennedy Drive
Winchester, VA 22601
ACFAS Members: $49
ACFAS Mid-Atlantic Region Meeting Outcomes
ACFAS Membership Meeting - Mid-Atlantic Region: (Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, Washington DC and West Virginia)
The Mid-Atlantic Region held a membership meeting on Saturday, February 16 during ACFAS 2019 in New Orleans. More than 26 members attended the event. Several topics were discussed:
- Holding a Complications seminar the first week of October
- Having an ACFAS Complications track at State meetings and possibly rotating the track to each state in the Region
- Supporting ACFAS Resident posters and manuscripts presented at the ACFAS Scientific Conference.
- Holding a cadaver workshop at the Fall Complications seminar.
The Region meeting raffle prize of a $100 Amazon gift card winner was Kevin Grierson, DPM, a Resident member from Fairfax, VA.
Pictured are Kevin Grierson, DPM, and Roland Ramdass, DPM, FACFAS, Mid-Atlantic Region President
ACFAS Mid-Atlantic Region Funds Resident Poster Research at the 2018 Annual Scientific Conference in Nashville
In an effort to support research activities, the ACFAS Mid-Atlantic Region provided funding to the following residents and post graduate fellow as poster presenters at the 2019 Annual Scientific Conference in New Orleans:
- Short-term Radiographic Outcomes for Minimally Invasive Bunion Correction
Resident Presenter: Kevin R. Grierson, DPM, Inova Fairfax Medical Campus
- Medial Collateral Ligament Replacement For Correction of Hallux Abducto Valgus
Resident Presenter: Richard R. Bruno, DPM, Eastern Virginia Medical School
- Percutaneous Correction of Hallux Valgus Deformity in Patients with Spasticity Disorder
Resident Presenters: Brittany E. Mayer, DPM, DVA - MD Healthcare System
- Radical Sub-total Calcanectomy for Osteomyelitis with Staged Custom Titanium Cage Implant, a Case Study
Resident Presenters: Sam Elsner, DPM, Inova Fairfax Medical Campus
- Achilles Tendon Rupture in the Setting of Alkaptonuric Ochronosis
Resident Presenters: Wesley M. Leong, DPM, Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital
- Percutaneous Secondary Lateral Ankle Stabilization Using Semitendinosus Allograft in Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Patients
Resident Presenters: Emmanuella M. Eastman, DPM, Inova Fairfax Medical Campus
- A Suggested Beaming Construct to Reduce Forefoot Abduction in Charcot Neuroarthropathy of the Midfoot
Resident Presenters: Kevin K. Ragothaman, DPM, MedStar Washington Hospital Center
- Custom 3D Printed Trabecular Metal Endoprosthesis for Limb Salvage and Reconstruction of Large Tibial Defects following Osteosarcoma Resection
Resident Presenters: Brian Scott Hanauer, DPM, Inova Fairfax Medical Campus
The Region also supported the following resident manuscript presenter:
- A Comparison of Split Peroneus Brevis Tendon and Semitendinosus Allograft Tendon for Lateral Ankle Ligament Reconstruction
Resident Presenter: Kevin, R, Grierson, DPM, Inova Fairfax Medical Campus
Congratulations to this resident and post graduate fellows on their research.