Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, Washington DC and West Virginia
Recent Activity and Upcoming Events
ACFAS Mid-Atlantic Region Meeting Outcomes
ACFAS Membership Meeting - Mid-Atlantic Region: (Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, Washington DC and West Virginia)
The Mid-Atlantic Region held a membership meeting on Saturday, February 16 during ACFAS 2019 in New Orleans. More than 26 members attended the event. Several topics were discussed:
- Holding a Complications seminar the first week of October
- Having an ACFAS Complications track at State meetings and possibly rotating the track to each state in the Region
- Supporting ACFAS Resident posters and manuscripts presented at the ACFAS Scientific Conference.
- Holding a cadaver workshop at the Fall Complications seminar.
The Region meeting raffle prize of a $100 Amazon gift card winner was Kevin Grierson, DPM, a Resident member from Fairfax, VA.
Pictured are Kevin Grierson, DPM, and Roland Ramdass, DPM, FACFAS, Mid-Atlantic Region President
ACFAS Mid-Atlantic Region Funds Resident Poster Research at the 2018 Annual Scientific Conference in Nashville
In an effort to support research activities, the ACFAS Mid-Atlantic Region provided funding to the following residents and post graduate fellow as poster presenters at the 2019 Annual Scientific Conference in New Orleans:
- Short-term Radiographic Outcomes for Minimally Invasive Bunion Correction
Resident Presenter: Kevin R. Grierson, DPM, Inova Fairfax Medical Campus
- Medial Collateral Ligament Replacement For Correction of Hallux Abducto Valgus
Resident Presenter: Richard R. Bruno, DPM, Eastern Virginia Medical School
- Percutaneous Correction of Hallux Valgus Deformity in Patients with Spasticity Disorder
Resident Presenters: Brittany E. Mayer, DPM, DVA - MD Healthcare System
- Radical Sub-total Calcanectomy for Osteomyelitis with Staged Custom Titanium Cage Implant, a Case Study
Resident Presenters: Sam Elsner, DPM, Inova Fairfax Medical Campus
- Achilles Tendon Rupture in the Setting of Alkaptonuric Ochronosis
Resident Presenters: Wesley M. Leong, DPM, Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital
- Percutaneous Secondary Lateral Ankle Stabilization Using Semitendinosus Allograft in Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Patients
Resident Presenters: Emmanuella M. Eastman, DPM, Inova Fairfax Medical Campus
- A Suggested Beaming Construct to Reduce Forefoot Abduction in Charcot Neuroarthropathy of the Midfoot
Resident Presenters: Kevin K. Ragothaman, DPM, MedStar Washington Hospital Center
- Custom 3D Printed Trabecular Metal Endoprosthesis for Limb Salvage and Reconstruction of Large Tibial Defects following Osteosarcoma Resection
Resident Presenters: Brian Scott Hanauer, DPM, Inova Fairfax Medical Campus
The Region also supported the following resident manuscript presenter:
- A Comparison of Split Peroneus Brevis Tendon and Semitendinosus Allograft Tendon for Lateral Ankle Ligament Reconstruction
Resident Presenter: Kevin, R, Grierson, DPM, Inova Fairfax Medical Campus
Congratulations to this resident and post graduate fellows on their research.