Recent Activity and Upcoming Events
Mid-Atlantic Region Complications Seminar
Make Plans to Attend the Inaugural
Mid-Atlantic Region Complications Seminar
Saturday, October 6, 2018
8am - 4pm
Mark your calendars for this not-to-be missed Mid-Atlantic Region seminar on foot and ankle complications to be held on Saturday, October 6.
Inova Fairfax Hospital
3300 Gallows Rd
Falls Church, VA
Presentations will be given by each of the Mid-Atlantic Region residency programs. These presentations will represent the more interesting cases from each residency program. Audience participation with open discussion is encouraged. Please feel free to bring your own cases for discussion as well.
Breakfast and lunch will be provided and a Region Meeting will be held during lunch.
A laptop computer and LCD projector will be available for your use. Please bring your PowerPoint presentation on a flash drive.
Book your hotel with the Fairview Park Marriott: 3111 Fairview Park Drive, Falls Church VA. You can make a reservation online in the room block or call the hotel at 800-228-9290 and provide the city, state, and name of the hotel, their arrival date, and ask for the "ACFAS Mid Atlantic Regional Room Block." The room rate is $89.
6 CME will be provided by the INOVA Fairfax GME office.
To register, send your registration form with a check payable to:
ACFAS Mid-Atlantic Region
710 Kennedy Drive
Winchester, VA 22601
ACFAS Members: $49
Download the registration form or contact Dr. Ramdass.
DISCLAIMER: The ACFAS Education & Scientific Affairs Committee has not independently evaluated the educational content or the CPME or FDA compliance requirements, therefore any use of the ACFAS name is not to be construed as an endorsement of this program.
ACFAS Mid-Atlantic Region Meeting Outcomes
ACFAS Membership Meeting - Mid-Atlantic Region: (Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, Washington DC and West Virginia)
The Region held a meeting of its members on March 22 in conjunction with the ACFAS Annual Scientific Conference in Nashville. Major discussion points, goals and outcomes include:
- Regional officer representation and support at the April ACFAS on the Road: In the Trenches Workshop and Seminar in Charlotte, North Carolina April 20-21
- Plan a complications seminar to be held in the summer or fall
- Encourage research within the local resident community by motivating and sponsoring research
- Plan a joint northern VA and/or DC/MD regional meeting with ACFAS
- Launch a mentorship program that will link local ACFAS members and residents
- Appoint state liaisons to assist with disseminating Regional information
Patrick Agnew, DPM, FACFAS was selected from attendees as the winner of the prize drawing for an Amazon Echo. Congratulations!
Pictured are Patrick Agnew, DPM, FACFAS and Roland Ramdass, DPM, FACFAS, Mid-Atlantic Region President
ACFAS Mid-Atlantic Region Funds Resident Poster Research at the 2018 Annual Scientific Conference in Nashville
In an effort to support research activities, the ACFAS Mid-Atlantic Region provided funding to the following residents and post graduate fellow as poster presenters at the 2018 Annual Scientific Conference in Nashville:
- Recurrent Giant Cell Tumor of the Distal Tibia Treated with Trabecular Metal Cones and Tibiotalocalcaneal Arthrodesis Following Intralesional Curettage
Resident Presenter: Wesley M. Leong, DPM; Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital
- Surgical Management of Multiple Myeloma with Progressive Metastases to the Leg and Foot: A Case Study
Resident Presenter: Jayson N. Atves, DPM; Medstar Washington Hospital Center
- Treatment of Lisfranc Fracture Dislocation and Associated Compartment Syndrome: Single Stage Vessel Loop Technique
Resident Presenters: Amanda L. Walsh, DPM, Jessica N. Fink, DPM ; DVA Maryland Health Care System
- Local Recurrence of Acral Lentiginous Melanoma in a Split Thickness Skin Graft
Resident Presenters: Kevin R. Grierson, DPM, Kristin L. Silinski, DPM; Inova Fairfax Medical Campus
- Ankle Disarticulation and Negative Pressure Wound Therapy with Instillation: An Underutilized Approach to Staged Proximal Amputation - Case Study and Operative Technique
Resident Presenter: Kevin K. Ragothaman, DPM; MedStar Washington Hospital Center
Post Graduate Fellow Presenter: Paul J. Carroll, DPM, AACFAS; NOFA Foot and Ankle Reconstruction Fellowship
The Region also supported the following resident manuscript presenter:
- Cross-sectional Area Measurement of the Central Tarsometatarsal Articulation: A Review of Computed Tomography Scans
Resident Presenter: Ajay Ghai, DPM; Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital
Congratulations to this resident and post graduate fellows on their research.