Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, Washington DC and West Virginia
Recent Activity and Upcoming Events
ACFAS Mid-Atlantic Region Funds Poster Research at the 2021 Annual Scientific Conference
In an effort to support research activities, the ACFAS Mid-Atlantic Region provided funding to the following residents as poster presenters at ACFAS 2021 in Las Vegas:
- A Multi-center Retrospective Analysis Of CT Confirmed Pilon Fractures
Jered M. Stowers, DPM, Alexandra T. Black, DPM, Son H. Tran, DPM, Sharaara S. Rahman, DPM and Karanjot Kaur, DPM
- Arthrodiastasis for Treatment of Avascular Necrosis of Lesser Metatarsal Heads
Stephanie Wu, DPM
- Post-polio Severe Deformity Corrected with Multi-level Hexapod External Fixation
Kelsey J. Millonig, DPM, MPH, AACFAS
- Esterified Hyaluronic Acid in the Management of Deep Surgical Wound Complications: A Pilot Study
Anam Ali, DPM
- Phaeomycotic Cyst Presenting as a Foot Abscess in a Diabetic Patient: A Case Report
Hayden L. Hoffler, DPM and Bryanna D. Vesely, DPM
- Osteomyelitis and Septic Arthritis from Rare Pathogen Leclercia Adecarboxylata: A Case Study
Matthew A. King, DPM and Bryanna D. Vesely, DPM
- Management of a Metastatic Adenocarcinoma in the Midfoot: A Case Study
Gurvikram S. Boparai, DPM, Matthew E. Greenblatt, DPM and Ana A. Emirzian, DPM
- Rare Case of Distal Tibial Diffuse Large B-cell Lymphoma (DLBCL) in a Diabetic with Charcot Neuroarthropathy
Trevor R. Klinkner, DPM
- Increasing Rates of Arthrodesis in Charcot Neuroarthropathy Utilizing Distal Tibial Distraction Osteogenesis Principles
Kelsey J. Millonig, DPM, MPH, AACFAS
- Risk Factors and Outcomes after Surgical Reconstruction of Charcot Neuroarthropathy in Fracture versus Dislocation Patterns
Jonathan Furmanek, DPM and Korey S. Dubois, DPM, AACFAS
- Effect of Intraoperative Tibial Sesamoid Position on Hallux Valgus Recurrence and Pain
Matthew A. King, DPM and Bryanna D. Vesely, DPM, MPH
Congratulations to these resident and post graduate fellow authors on their research!
ACFAS Mid-Atlantic Region 2021 Meeting Outcomes
Erin Robles-Sherman, DPM, FACFAS, Mid-Atlantic Region President, led a virtual meeting of Region members on May 12, the week before the ACFAS Annual Scientific Conference. The meeting provided an opportunity for members to meet Region officers and hear about our support and plans for the upcoming year including:
- Region support of members during the pandemic
- Region support of poster/manuscript presenters
- Region Learning Programs for 2021-2022 with the Mid-Atlantic Region scheduled for September 24-25 in Charlotte, NC
Attendees were entered into a drawing for one of two $100 Amazon Gift Cards. The winners were Helene Cook, DPM and Trevor Klinkner, DPM.
Save the Date: New Region Learning Programs
September 24-25, 2021
Are you looking forward to getting back to in-person meetings and educational offerings? It's almost time to get back to normal!
The College is launching a new pilot educational Region Learning Program. These two-day courses will combine case presentations, lightning lectures and hands-on labs, enabling attendees to gain insight into the depth and breadth of your current foot and ankle knowledge. Attendees will walk away with a better understanding of contributing factors associated with foot and ankle surgery complications and will be able to apply new skills to help you maximize function and restore structure.
The College has scheduled courses in the Mid-Atlantic and Midwest Region for Fall 2021, and courses will be held in the Big West, Tri-State and Southeast Regions in Spring 2022.
Please watch your email for more information to come!
ACFAS Mid-Atlantic Region New Officer Elected
Dear ACFAS Mid-Atlantic Region Members:
As a result of the recent Mid-Atlantic Region Call for Volunteers process and e-balloted election, the new Secretary/Treasurer of the Region is:
Crystal-Dawn Gunsch, DPM, AACFAS
Congratulations to Dr. Gunsch. Her term will commence on March 1, in conjunction with the next meeting of the College's Region Presidents Council (RPC).
Thanks to both candidates and to those members that took the time to vote. Please watch your email for information about the next membership meeting of the Mid-Atlantic Region, to be held at the ACFAS Annual Scientific Conference in Las Vegas in May.