Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, Washington DC and West Virginia
Recent Activity and Upcoming Events
Mid-Atlantic Region Seeking New Officer – Deadline Dec 11
Attention ACFAS Members of the Mid-Atlantic Region, practicing in MD, NC, SC, TN, VA, DC and WV.
Don't miss your chance to volunteer with the College! Are you interested in helping your ACFAS Region deliver its mission:
"...to help ACFAS members at the state and local level to provide superior care to foot and ankle surgical patients through education, research, and the promotion of the highest professional standards"
The Mid-Atlantic Region currently has an opening in its slate of officers for a Secretary/Treasurer and is seeking a volunteer to fill this position.
Description of Responsibilities:
The Secretary/Treasurer is responsible for:
Have Questions or Interested in Volunteering?
- Keeping the books of the Region;
- Providing financial oversight for Region funds;
- Compiling semi-annual financial reports to the Region Presidents Council Finance Committee;
- Assisting with leadership of the Region.
Please submit your questions or a statement of interest and your CV to the ACFAS Membership Department by December 11. The new officers will be chosen by the Mid-Atlantic Region members through an e-ballot election December, with their term commencing in February, with transition time prior the ACFAS Annual Scientific Conference in May. Please respond by December 11.
ACFAS Mid-Atlantic Region Meeting Outcomes
ACFAS Membership Meeting - Mid-Atlantic Region: (Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, Washington DC and West Virginia)
The ACFAS Mid-Atlantic Region met on Wednesday, February 19 at ACFAS 2020 in San Antonio with 18 members in attendance. Roland Ramdass, DPM, FACFAS, Mid-Atlantic Region President, led the meeting. The Region discussions included:
- ACFAS Mid-Atlantic Regionposter/manuscript support for Post Graduate Fellows and Resident
- ACFAS Mid-Atlantic Region support of the On the Road with ACFAS - Fixing a Flat. To be held on May 1-2 in Charlotte, NC
- ACFAS Mid-Atlantic Region continued support of residency programs and cadaver workshop
- ACFAS Mid-Atlantic Region complications seminar
- ACFAS Mid-Atlantic Region plans to support a 5K marathon with Shenandoah University student
The Region Raffle prize winner of a $100 Amazon gift card was Gordon Miller, DPM, FACFAS (pictured below) from Morgantown, WV.
ACFAS Mid-Atlantic Region Funds Resident Poster Research at the 2020 Annual Scientific Conference
In an effort to support research activities, the ACFAS Mid-Atlantic Region provided funding to the following residents and post graduate fellows as poster presenters at ACFAS 2020:
The Region also supported the following manuscript presenters:
- Outcomes of Surgically Managed Charcot Neuroarthropathy Between Patients With and Without Diabetes
Presenter: Nicole K. Cates, DPM
- Short Term, Retrospective Radiographic Evaluation Comparing Pre and Post Operative Measurements in the Chevron and Minimally Invasive Distal Metatarsal Osteotomy for Hallux Valgus Correction
Presenter: Brittany Mayer, DPM
Congratulations to these residents and post graduate fellows on their research.