Board of Directors Nominations & Elections
The ACFAS Nominating Committee is looking for the best and the brightest to serve on the College's Board of Directors. Please review the following information carefully. If you believe you are qualified, submit the nomination application by mail, fax, or e-mail to the ACFAS Executive Director by October 1, 2017. All information will be considered confidential and reviewed only by the Nominating Committee and the executive director.
The Nominating Committee will meet in the fall to select semi-finalists who will be interviewed via telephone conference calls. The committee will then recommend candidates to the membership no later than November 23. A non-recommended Fellow who wishes to self-nominate him- or herself via petition may do so by December 23 (per separate procedures). Balloting by voting members will start no later than January 7, 2018. The deadline for completed ballots will be January 22, 2018; one candidate per position will be elected. The elected directors will be announced immediately thereafter and will start their term of service at the ACFAS 2018 Scientific Conference on March 22-25, 2018, in Nashville, Tennessee.
The ACFAS Board of Directors is composed of eleven Fellows. Directors are elected to three-year terms, and govern strategically through four basic roles:
- Setting the College’s strategic vision, mission, and goals based on member survey input.
- Allocating financial and human resources to match the strategic plan.
- Empowering its committees, task forces, and staff to operate unencumbered within the framework of the College’s mission, strategic plan, and policies.
- Adopting professional policies and statements that will shape the future of the specialty and promote superior care for foot and ankle surgical patients.
While any Fellow is eligible to serve, the Nominating Committee is especially interested in potential candidates who have demonstrated leadership qualities in the following areas and will agree to the following guidelines:
- Past service on ACFAS committee(s) or task forces(s). Demonstrated leadership as a committee chair is highly desired. Also, attendance at recent Annual Scientific Conference(s) is highly desired.
- Board experience in other member- or donor-based organizations (including non-podiatric groups).
- A willingness to represent the membership as a whole, thinks strategically, and works well in a team atmosphere.
- Understands the legal duties of a not-for-profit corporate director and agree/sign the ACFAS Conflict of Interest Disclosure policy (see application form).
- Will commit freely and willingly of their personal time and professional expertise for three board meetings per year, serve as board liaison to at least one committee, be accessible daily via e-mail, and come prepared to all meetings.
If this sounds like you, please complete the application below and return this to the ACFAS Executive Director by October 1, 2017.
If you have any questions regarding board service or the nominating process, please contact Nominating Committee Chair Sean T. Grambart, DPM, FACFAS at (217) 383-3260 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Executive Director Chris Mahaffey, CAE, at 773-693-9300 or email@example.com. Thank you for your interest!