Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, Ontario, Quebec, Rhode Island and Vermont
Recent Activity and Upcoming Events:
ACFAS Northeast Region Meeting Outcomes
ACFAS Membership Meeting - Northeast Region: (Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, Ontario, Quebec, Rhode Island and Vermont)
The Northeast Region held a membership meeting on Saturday, February 16 during ACFAS 2019 in New Orleans. More than 25 members attended the event. Several topics were discussed:
- Increasing involvement of local leaders to help with the Region leadership
- Having monthly grand rounds able to be watched from programs on GoToMeeting platform
- Having a "road show" of industry sponsored dinner programs to different areas of the region to allow similar learning in multiple locations
The Region meeting raffle prize of a $100 Amazon gift card winner was Benish Ali, DPM, AACFAS, an Associate member from Torrington, CT.
Pictured are Benish Ali, DPM, AACFAS, and Robert Fridman, DPM, FACFAS, ACFAS Northeast Region President.
ACFAS Northeast Region Supports Student Scholar to the Annual Scientific Conference
ACFAS Region Scholars are funded by the ACFAS Region Presidents Council, specifically their home Regions, and are usually the president-elect of their local ACFAS Student Club. Their local Regions honor them as future leaders of the profession. The 2019 ACFAS Region Scholar from the Northeast Region is Rahim Lakhani from NYCPM.
Pictured are Rahim Lakhani and Robert Fridman, DPM, FACFAS, Northeast Region President. Congratulations to Rahim on being chosen as an ACFAS 2019 Region Scholar!
ACFAS Northeast Region Funds Resident Poster & Manuscript Research at the 2019 Annual Scientific Conference in New Orleans
In an effort to support research activities, the ACFAS Northeast Region provided funding to the following residents as poster presenters at the 2019 Annual Scientific Conference in New Orleans.
- Radiographic Evaluation of a Modified Chevron Osteotomy to Correct for Deviated Articular Cartilage
Resident Presenters: Ashley Bittar, DPM, and Bao Tram Nguyen, DPM, Montefiore Medical Center
- Interference Screw Fixation of a Collagen Matrix Graft to Enhance Repair of Peroneus Brevis Tendon Degeneration
Resident Presenter: Jordan W. Crafton, DPM, Mount Auburn Hospital
- Retrospective Comparison of Tarsal Coalition Resection versus Fusion Among Providers at a Single Tertiary Care Hospital
Resident Presenter: Garrett A. Melick, DPM, Cambridge Health Alliance
- Intersesamoid Ligament Rupture and Repair: A Case Study
Resident Presenter: Samuel G. Kellner, DPM, MetroWest Medical Center
- Lower Extremity Presentation of Eosinophilic Granulomatosis with Polyangitis (EGPA)
Resident Presenter: Christine Mariano, DPM, MetroWest Medical Center
- Harassment in Residency: An Anonymous Survey of Podiatric Residents
Resident Presenters: Joel Ang, DPM, Cambridge Health Alliance
The Region also supported the following resident manuscript presenters:
- Meta-Analysis of Surgical Site Infections in Elective Foot and Ankle Surgery
Resident Presenter: Elena Manning, DPM, Mount Auburn Hospital
- Charcot Reconstruction Versus Transtibial Amputation Versus Bracing in Patients with Non-Plantigrade Charcot Foot Arthropathy: A Cost-Effectiveness Analysis
Resident Presenters: Rachel H. Albright, DPM
- Total Ankle Arthroplasty Survivorship: A Meta-analysis
Resident Presenter: Bryon, J, McKenna, DPM, Mount Auburn Hospital
Congratulations to these resident poster and manuscript authors on their research efforts.