Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, Ontario, Quebec, Rhode Island and Vermont
Recent Activity and Upcoming Events:
ACFAS Northeast Region Funds Poster Research at the 2021 Annual Scientific Conference
In an effort to support research activities, the ACFAS Northeast Region provided funding to the following residents as poster presenters at ACFAS 2021 in Las Vegas:
- Lapidus Bunionectomy: A Case Series of a Single Screw and Staple Fixation
Elizabeth A. Ansert, DPM and Samuel R. Gorelik, DPM
- Surgical Management of a Complete Central Ray Polydactyly of the Foot: A Case Report
Kevin Yee, DPM
- Feeling the Burnout: Perceptions of Burnout, Anxiety, Depression, and Personal Achievement in US Podiatric Medical Students
Elizabeth Ansert, DPM
- Use of 3D Printed Models for Pre-Op Planning, Intra-Op Utility, and Improved Understanding of the Nature of Deformity by Both the Patient and the Trainee
Brandon A. Rogers, DPM
- A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of the Effectiveness of LRINEC Score Predicting Upper and Lower Extremity Necrotizing Fasciitis
Arthur Tarricone, DPM, MPH and Karla De La Mata, DPM
- Comparison of Liposomal Bupivacaine to Bupivacaine HCl for Postoperative Management of Forefoot Surgery: A Pilot Study
Alexandra T. Black, DPM
- Management of Ankle Mortise Stability following Acute Ankle Fractures without Repair of the Deltoid Ligament: A Case Series
Raymond Morales, DPM
- The Association between Lateral Radiographs and Axial Computed Tomography of Posterior Malleolar Fractures as a Tool for Predicting Medial Malleolar Extension: A Multi-Center Retrospective Analysis
Alexandra Black, DPM, Jered M. Stowers, DPM and Jonathan Tenley, DPM, MS
- Gas-Producing Infections in the Foot at a Large Academic Medical Center: A 10-Year Retrospective Review
John A. Martucci, DPM
- Tibial Component Subsidence in a Total Ankle System Comparing Standard Technique versus a Hybrid Technique
Samantha A. Miner, DPM and John Constantino, DPM
Congratulations to these resident and post graduate fellow authors on their research!
ACFAS Northeast Region 2021 Meeting Outcomes
Robert Fridman, DPM, FACFAS, Northeast Region President, led a virtual meeting of Region members on May 11, the week before the ACFAS Annual Scientific Conference. The meeting provided an opportunity for members to meet Region officers and hear about our support and plans for the upcoming year including:
- Region support of members during the pandemic
- Region support of poster/manuscript presenters
- Recognition of Region Scholars
- Region Learning Programs for 2021-2022 with the Northeast Region scheduled for 2022-23 cycle
- Support of ACFAS Student Clubs at NYCPM
- Region open officer position
Attendees were entered into a drawing for one of two $100 Amazon Gift Cards. The winners were Jillian Irwin, DPM, AACFAS and Jake Summers, DPM, FACFAS.
ACFAS Northeast Region Supports Student Scholar
ACFAS Region Scholars are funded by the ACFAS Region Presidents Council, specifically their home Region, and are usually the president-elect or an officer of the their local ACFAS Student Club. Their local ACFAS Regions honor them as future leaders of the profession. Pictured below is Gregory Rose, the 2021 Region Scholar from the New York University College of Podiatric Medicine.
Congratulations to Greg for being chosen as an ACFAS 2021 Region Scholar!
New Region Learning Programs Launching Soon
Are you looking forward to getting back to in-person meetings and educational offerings? It's almost time to get back to normal!
The College is launching a new pilot educational Region Learning Program. These two-day courses will combine case presentations, lightning lectures and hands-on labs, enabling attendees to gain insight into the depth and breadth of your current foot and ankle knowledge. Attendees will walk away with a better understanding of contributing factors associated with foot and ankle surgery complications and will be able to apply new skills to help you maximize function and restore structure.
The College has scheduled courses in the Mid-Atlantic and Midwest Region for Fall 2021, and courses will be held in the Big West, Tri-State and Southeast Regions in Spring 2022. Other Regions will be scheduled soon.
Please watch your email for more information to come!