Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, Ontario, Quebec, Rhode Island and Vermont
Recent Activity and Upcoming Events:
RSVP Today: NE Region Dinner Program
You are Invited to an ACFAS Northeast Region Dinner Lecture
Understanding Peripheral Arterial Disease
November 13, 2018
Join the ACFAS Northeast Region members and foot and ankle surgeons from in and around New York City for the latest dinner program, Understanding Peripheral Arterial Disease.
American Cut Steakhouse Midtown
109 East 56th Street
New York, NY
Danielle R. Bajakian MD
Director, Critical Limb Ischemia Program
Columbia University Medical Center
RSVP to email@example.com.
For more information, contact: Robert Fridman, DPM, FACFAS.
Northeast Region President: Robert Fridman, DPM, FACFAS
Northeast Region Vice President: Michael Theodoulou, DPM, FACFAS
Northeast Region Director at Large: Dominic Catanese, DPM, FACFAS
Northeast Region Secretary/Treasurer: Daren J.L. Bergman, DPM, FACFAS
DISCLAIMER: The ACFAS Education & Scientific Affairs Committee has not independently evaluated the educational content or the CPME or FDA compliance requirements for either of these programs. Therefore, any use of the ACFAS name is not to be construed as an endorsement of these programs.
ACFAS Northeast Region Supports Student Scholar to the Annual Scientific Conference
ACFAS Region Scholars are funded by the ACFAS Region Presidents Council, specifically their home Regions, and are usually the president-elect of their local ACFAS Student Club. Their local Regions honor them as future leaders of the profession. The 2018 ACFAS Region Scholar from the Northeast Region is Jonathan Shalot from NYCPM.
Pictured are Robert Fridman, DPM, FACFAS, Northeast Region President and Jonathan Shalot. Congratulations to Jonathan on being chosen as an ACFAS 2018 Region Scholar!
ACFAS Northeast Region Meeting Outcomes
ACFAS Membership Meeting - Northeast Region: (Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, Ontario, Quebec, Rhode Island and Vermont)
The Region held a meeting of its members in conjunction with the ACFAS Annual Scientific Conference in Nashville. Major discussion points, goals and outcomes include:
- Overview of the redistricting from Divisions to Regions
- Continued support of Resident and Post Graduate Fellow Poster/Manuscript presenters at the Annual Scientific Conference
- Creation of regional liaisons to assist with Region programming
- Investigate a standardized method to broadcast programs online for those members who cannot attend Regional meetings
ACFAS Northeast Region Funds Resident Poster & Manuscript Research at the 2018 Annual Scientific Conference in Nashville
In an effort to support research activities, the ACFAS Northeast Region provided funding to the following residents as poster presenters at the 2018 Annual Scientific Conference in Nashville.
- Use of Peroneus Quartus as Augmentation in Lateral Ankle Instability: A Case Series
Resident Presenter: Eghosa Isa, DPM, MS; Wykoff Heights Medical Center
- Outcome of Retrograde Technique with Backfilling of Osteochondral Cysts: A Case Series
Resident Presenters: Jamey A. Allen, DPM; Raffaella R. Pascarella, DPM; Cambridge Health Alliance
- Traumatic Pedal Compartment Syndrome Cause by Dorsal Venous Arch Injury
Resident Presenter: Carolyn N. Winters, DPM; St Francis Hospital and Medical Center
- Localized Recurrence of Ankle Mycetoma after Surgical Excision: A Case Report
Resident Presenters: Cason M. Quinn, DPM; Andrew J. Ott, DPM; Meltem Ates, DPM; New York Hospital Presbyterian Queens
- Leiomyoma of The Lower Extremity: A Case Series
Resident Presenter: Sarah J. Daigle DPM; St Francis Hospital and Medical Center
- Talar Head Uncovering: A New Measurement
Resident Presenters: Matthew B. Engelthaler, DPM; Emily Curley, DPM; Candace J. Masso, DPM; MetroWest Medical Center
- Retrospective Analysis of Scarf Bunionectomy versus Lapidus Bunionectomy for Hallux Abductovalgus
Resident Presenters: Raffaella R. Pascarella, DPM; Raffaella R. Pascarella, DPM; Cambridge Health Alliance
- A Retrospective Clinical Evaluation of Using Recombinant Human Platelet-Derived Growth Factor in Revisional Forefoot and Midfoot Arthrodesis
Resident Presenters: Bryon McKenna, DPM; Byron Collier, DPM; Mount Auburn Hospital
The Region also supported the following resident manuscript presenters:
- Meta-Analysis of Efficacy of Autogeneous Bone Graft in Ankle Arthrodesis
Resident Presenters: Byron, N, Collier, DPM; Daniel, D, Hansen, DPM; Elena, S, Manning, DPM; Bryon, J, McKenna, DPM ; Michael, R, Matthews, DPM; Mount Auburn Hospital
- Limb Salvage Status Post Transmetatarsal Amputation with Single Vessel Run-off to the Foot: A Retrospective Study and Review on the Literature
Resident Presenters: Sarah J. Daigle DPM; Carolyn N. Winters DPM; St Francis Hospital and Medical Center
Congratulations to these resident poster and manuscript authors on their research efforts.