Alaska, California, Guam, Hawaii, Oregon, Washington and British Columbia
Recent Activity and Upcoming Events
ACFAS Pacific Region Meeting Outcomes
ACFAS Membership Meeting - Pacific Region: (Alaska, California, Guam, Hawaii, Oregon, Washington and British Columbia)
The Pacific Region held a membership meeting on Saturday, February 16 during ACFAS 2019 in New Orleans. More than 25 members attended the event. Several topics were discussed:
- CME for a Complications seminar to be held in Seattle
- The development of a registry
- Update on a Physicians Taskforce in California
- The need to rotate meeting locations
- Uniform privileges for credentialing
The Region meeting raffle prize of a $100 Amazon gift card winner was Tyler Reber, DPM, a Resident member from Tacoma, WA.
Pictured are Mike Cornelison, DPM, FACFAS, Board of Directors; Tyler Reber, DPM; and Amol Saxena, DPM, FACFAS, President, ACFAS Pacific Region.
ACFAS Pacific Region Supports Student Scholars to the Annual Scientific Conference
ACFAS Region Scholars are funded by the ACFAS Region Presidents Council, specifically their home Regions, and are usually the president-elect of their local ACFAS Student Club. Their local Regions honor them as future leaders of the profession. The 2019 ACFAS Region Scholars from the Pacific Region are Christopher Zimmer from CSPM; and Jordan Richardson from Western U.
Pictured are Jordan Richardson and Amol Saxena, DPM, FACFAS, Pacific Region President. Congratulation to Chris and Jordan on being chosen as an ACFAS 2018 Region Scholars!
ACFAS Pacific Region Funds Resident Poster Research at the 2019 Annual Scientific Conference in New Orleans
In an effort to support research activities, the ACFAS Pacific Region provided funding to the following residents and postgraduate fellows as poster presenters at the 2019 Annual Scientific Conference in New Orleans:
- The Influence of the TASC Classification on Outcomes of Pedal Amputations
Resident Presenter: Megan A. Ishibashi, DPM, Kaiser SF Bay Area Foot & Ankle
- In-line Flow Following Endovascular Intervention as a Positive Predictor for Healing Pedal Amputations
Resident Presenter: Kaiser SF Bay Area Foot & Ankle
- Modified Caprini Risk Assessment Model for Venous Thromboembolism Prophylaxis in Elective Foot and Ankle Surgery
Resident Presenter: Lindsey Hjelm, DPM, Franciscan Health System - St Francis Hospital
- Oblique Metatarsal Head Osteotomy for Correction of Transverse Plane Digital Deformity
Resident Presenter: Drew A. Bekins, DPM, Swedish Medical Center
- Cadaveric Atlas for Orthoplastic Lower Limb and Foot Reconstruction of Soft Tissue Defects
Post Graduate Fellow Presenter: Anthony Romano, DPM, CHI Franciscan Advacned Foot & Ankle Reconstruction Fellowship
- Arthroscopic Approach for Excision of Recurrent Ankle Soft Tissue Mass
Resident Presenter: Lauren A. Wurster, DPM, St Mary's Medical Center
- Chronic Recurrent Multifocal Osteomyelitis: A Case Report of Adolescent Foot Involvement
Post Graduate Fellow Presenter: Aarron C. Flowers, DPM, AACFAS, Palo Alto Foundation Medical Group - Santa Cruz Foot and Ankle Fellowship
- 3D Printed Cobalt Chromium Total Talar Prosthesis for Talar Avascular Necrosis, a 16 month Follow-up
Resident Presenter: Adam P. Phillips, DPM, Legacy Health/Kaiser Permanente
- Fibula Osteotomy with Interpositional Bone Graft and Intramedullary Rod Fixation for Malunited Fibula
Resident Presenter: Stephanie A. Oexeman, DPM, Franciscan Health System - St Francis Hospital
- Single-Stage Tibiocalcaneal Retrograde Intramedullary Nail Arthrodesis and Distal Tibial Lengthening Utilizing External Fixation in Diabetic Charcot
Post Graduate Fellow Presenter: Raquel K. Sugino, DPM, MS, Newport Advanced Foot and Ankle Fellowship
- Unstable Medial Malleolar Fracture Fixation Techniques
Post Graduate Fellow Presenter: Eghosa F. Isa, DPM, AACFAS, Palo Alto Foundation Medical Group Fellowship
- Modified Kelikian Procedure for Delayed Presentation of a Large Gap Deficit Tibialis Anterior Tendon Rupture Repair
Post Graduate Fellow: Jacob R. Hagenbucher, DPM, AACFAS, Portland Foot and Ankle Reconstructive Fellowship
- Utilization of Combined V Flap in Closure of a Skin Defect after Excision of a Verrucous Carcinoma of the Foot
Resident Presenter: Nava Mohammadi, DPM, Silver Lake Medical Center
Congratulations to these poster authors on their research efforts.
A portion of ACFAS member dues is allocated for Region activities. Regions use these funds to further the goals of ACFAS at the state and local level: to promote the superior care of foot and ankle surgical patients through education, research and promotion of the highest professional standards. Regions also work on outreach to students and residents, helping to give them a successful start in their career as a foot and ankle surgeon.
Regions are affiliate organizations of the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons. They are granted a charter and license to use the ACFAS name and logo, are mandated by their own articles of incorporation and bylaws and remain separate entities from the parent organization.
For more information about Region activities, please contact Michelle Kennedy, ACFAS Director of Membership and Post Graduate Affairs.