The ACFAS Educational Pathways are a tool to be used by residency directors, fellowship directors and school faculty to aid with didactic learning during the COVID-19 crisis. It is not intended to replace a curriculum, however, it is to supplement student and resident education during this time of need.
The learning pathways are divided into basic, intermediate and advanced categories.
Pathways have been organized into specific topics that have a variety of educational materials from ACFAS OnDemand course content. It also includes journal articles with links primarily from The Journal of Foot & Ankle Surgery.
There is a lock on the videos per CPME guidelines for CME, as users are required to view the series in its entirety to earn CME. For those students and residents accessing OnDemand videos for a specific topic, you may need to fast forward through earlier content to access it.
Below is a schedule of content to teach research, including but not limited to presentations, webinars, and Journal clubs. Keep checking back for updated information as it is available.
- Management of Infections – Wounds, Amps, Osteo
- Biologics, Cartilage Repair, Extrinsic Healing Factors in Surgery
- Terrible Toes! Etiology, Treatment and Complications of Hammertoes
- Foot and Ankle Imaging - Advanced and Basic Modalities
- Nerve Surgery – Basics, Tips and Tricks
- Trauma 1 – Forefoot
- Ankle Arthritis – Etiology and Basic Treatments
- What’s Up with the 2nd Ray? – Etiology and Various Treatment Options of the 2nd Met
- Hallux Limitus/Rigidus – Etiology, Treatment and Complications
- Hallux Valgus – Basic Treatment and Etiology
- Lapidus – Treatment Options and Complications
- Pesky Peroneals – Etiology, Treatment and Complications
- Adult Flatfoot (PTTD)1 – Etiology, Treatment, Complications - Flexible
- Pediatrics 1 – Forefoot – Digital, Metatarsal, HAV, Osteochondridities
- Achilles Tendon – Lengthening, Ruptures, Tendonosis(itis)
- Ankle Arthroscopy – Basics - Portals, Equipment, Principles
- Trauma 2 - Rearfoot
- Adult flatfoot (PTTD)2 – Advanced Treatment – Rigid
- Pediatrics 2 – Tarsal Coalition, Flatfoot
- Pediatrics 3 – Fracture Management
- Lateral Ankle Instability - Treatment
- Osteochondral Defects – Treatment Options
- Ankle Arthroscopy – Advanced - OCD Management, Arthrodesis, Trauma
- Other Arthroscopy – 1st MPJ, STJ, Tendoscopy
- Charcot – Etiology and Treatment
- Trauma 3 Ankle
- Ankle Arthrodesis