Clinical Consensus Statements
To provide physicians with a recommended approach to the treatment of specific conditions and pathology, the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons is developing a library of Clinical Consensus Statements. Each Clinical Consensus Statement is represented by collective opinions of a convened expert panel from the College membership.
- Hallux Valgus (March 2022)
- Acute Achilles Tendon Pathology (January 2021)
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Ankle Arthritis (September/October 2020)
- Appropriate Clinical Management of Adult-Acquired Flatfoot Deformity (March/April 2020)
- Etiology, Diagnosis and Treatment Consensus for Gouty Arthritis of the Foot and Ankle (October 2018)
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Adult Acquired Infracalcaneal Heel Pain (2018)
- Perioperative Management (March 2017)
- Risk, Prevention and Diagnosis of Venous Thromboembolism Disease in Foot and Ankle Surgery and Injuries Requiring Immobilization (March 2015)
- Perioperative Prophylactic Antibiotic Use in Clean Elective Foot Surgery (February 2015)
Clinical Practice Guidelines
Formerly titled Clinical Practice Guidelines are no longer published by the College since they no longer meet the Clinical Practice Guideline development standards of the Institute of Medicine.
The documents below are obsolete versions of past ACFAS Clinical Practice Guidelines. Please note that while they are titled “Clinical Practice Guidelines,” they should not be considered as such since the information is also now dated and may not be appropriate.