Professional Education and Research Institute Surgical Fellowship
Charles M. Zelen, DPM, FACFAS
Other Program Faculty:
Nathan Young, DPM, FACFAS
Ivan Rubiano, DPM, AACFAS
Boyd Jensen, DPM, AACFAS
Post Graduate Fellows:
2020-2021: Josh Adams, DPM and Gary Driver, DPM
2019-2020: Benjamin Savasky, DPM, AACFAS and Robert Schergen, DPM
2018-2019: Zachary Rasor DPM, AACFAS and Evangelos Kyprios, DPM, AACFAS
Foot and Ankle Associated of Southwest Virginia
222 Walnut Ave
Roanoke, VA 24018
Phone: (540) 797-2726
Fax: (540) 769-6380
Number of Positions:
Program Start and End Dates:
July 1 – July 18
Standard Fellowship Application Form
$50,000; benefits provided
Roanoke, VA and Salem, VA
At least one paper for submission and at least one poster for ACFAS and one for AOFAS are required.
Program Summary/Training Goals:
- Our goal is to provide the fellow with the highest quality of surgical training. We provide a mixture of forefoot, midfoot, sports medicine, rearfoot and ankle surgery.
- In addition, charcot limb salvage and total ankle replacement is also taught.
- We have a full functioning cadaver lab available to the fellow and ample opportunity for clinical research.
- We strive to include the fellow in clinic so he/she can see the post-operative patients regularly.
- We encourage participation in research as well, and expect the fellow to produce at least one paper and a poster for ACFAS and AOFAS.
Post Graduate Fellows History:
2017-2018: Jason Burkle, DPM, FACFAS and Tyler Wishau, DPM, AACFAS
2016-2017: Ivan Rubiano, DPM, AACFAS and Boyd Jensen, DPM, AACFAS
2015-2016: Jackson Crough, DPM, AACFAS and Eric Kuhlman, DPM
2014-2015: Adam Lang, DPM
2013-2014: Jordan Tacktill, DPM