Stephen J. Frania, DPM, FACFAS
Other Program Faculty:
Gladys G. deLeon, DPM
Edguardo Rodriguez, DPM, Director of Clinical Research & Microsurgical Training
Recent Post Graduate Fellows:
2022-2023: Zachary Washburn, DPM
2021-2022: Nathan Rossi, DPM, AACFAS
2020-2021: Justin Singh, DPM, AACFAS
Foot and Ankle Specialists of Ohio
7482 Center St. Suite 100
Mentor, OH 44060
Phone: (440) 357-8418
Fax: (440) 255-9400
Number of Positions:
Program Start and End Dates:
August 1 - July 31
ACFAS Standard Fellowship Application Form
$52,000; benefits provided
FASO Main Office; Lakewest Medical Center; Tri-Point Medical Center
Two papers in peer-reviewed journals
Program Summary / Training Goals:
- This one-year foot and ankle reconstruction fellowship program will be focused on gaining advanced surgical training including limb reconstruction, treatment of trauma and deformity correction, as well as some charcot and diabetic limb salvage.
- The fellow will gain experience in advanced Ilizarov surgical techniques as well as muscle flap reconstruction for limb salvage procedures.
- The fellow will gain exposure, training, and advanced microsurgical techniques involving nerve grafting and repair.
- The fellow will undergo advanced lab training in microsurgery and plastic reconstruction of the foot, ankle and leg.
- The fellow will achieve advanced training in total ankle joint replacement. The fellow will be exposed to a multitude of joint replacement systems currently available, including anterior and lateral approaches and revisional fixation.
- The fellow will gain experience in sports medicine with coverage of local area high school sports teams.
- The fellowship will be mainly surgical with OR experience, but will also provide experience with office and practice management.
- The fellow will be exposed to all aspects of foot and ankle lower extremity surgery and management and will be expected to participate in research and produce two (2) publishable papers during their fellowship year.
- The fellow will also be expected to attend and participate in scientific conferences, including the ACFAS Annual Scientific Conference, as well as other conferences as required by the director.
- The fellow will gain exposure in presenting at the Chicago Lower Extremity Surgical Symposium (CLESS).
Post Graduate Fellows History:
2019-2020: Andrew Tompkins, DPM
2018-2019: Timothy Miller, DPM, FACFAS
2017-2018: Naren Patel, DPM, AACFAS
2016-2017: Melissa Gulosh, DPM, FACFAS
2015-2016: Nathan Hensley, DPM, AACFAS
2014-2015: Brandon Lindberg, DPM, FACFAS
2013-2014: Eunis Bello, DPM, AACFAS
2012-2013: William C. Adams, DPM, FACFAS