David E. Waters, DPM, FACFAS
Other Program Faculty:
Joshua Wray, DPM, AACFAS
Stephen Wilkinson, DPM
Brandon Borer, DPM, FACFAS
Richard Raska, DPM, FACFAS
Post Graduate Fellow:
2022-2023: Evan Lenertz, DPM
Platte River Foot and Ankle Surgeons
306 W 2nd St
Hastings, NE 68901
Phone: (402) 751-0600
Fax: (402) 751-0800
Number of Positions:
Program Start and End Dates:
August 1-July 31
ACFAS Standard Fellowship Application Form
$60,000, benefits provided
Mary Lanning Hospital, Great Plains Health, Columbus Community Hospital, Platte River Foot and Ankle Surgeons
- Submit for acceptance one or more posters to the ACFAS Annual Scientific Conference annually.
- Prepare for publication one IRB reviewed research project annually.
Program Summary/Training Goals:
- One year fellowship program in advanced rearfoot and ankle reconstructive surgery in a rural community-based health system.
- Fellow will be exposed to hands-on training in foot and ankle reconstructive surgery from toe to total ankles and everything in between.
- Exposure will include internal and external fixation for reconstructive purposes.
- Additionally, the fellow will learn to function inside of a community-based health system with other specialties while treating community-based patients.
- Regular academic activities will include case review, journal club and research and will help the fellow to understand the importance of evidence-based medicine and surgery.
- Fellow should expect to complete over 500 cases during their year of training.
- Additionally, the fellow will be exposed to the group private practice model to cultivate office-based clinical diagnostic skills and exposure to coding, billing and clinic management.
- Finally, the fellow will be given speaking opportunities at local and regional conferences as well as at training sites with attending physicians.