Carlos I. Arroyo-Romeu, DPM, FACFAS
Other Program Faculty:
Rafael Seneriz, MD, FAAOS
Post Graduate Fellow:
2022-2023: Gilberto Via-Arroyo, DPM
Hospital Episcopal San Lucas Ponce // Instituto de Podiatria y Pie Diabetico de PR
1494 FD Roosevelt Ave Suite 101
Caparra Heights San Juan, PR 00920-2700
Phone: (787) 782-1453
Fax: (787) 273-1452
Number of Positions:
Program Start and End Dates:
July 1 – June 30
ACFAS Standard Fellowship Application Form
Hosp. San Lucas Ponce; Instituto de Podiatria – San Juan; Progressive ASC-San Juan; DeDiego ASC-San Juan; Hosp. Pavia Santure
- The fellow will be expected to publish one article in the Journal of Foot and Ankle Surgery (JFAS) or present one poster at the ACFAS Annual Scientific Conference.
Program Summary/Training Goals:
- The program provides surgical and clinical education in the management of complex lower extremity deformities and corrections.
- The fellow will learn multiple ways to perform lower extremity reconstructions via external fixation, intramedullary fixation, and traditional internal fixation techniques.
- The program has a special interest and ample volume in orthoplastics, microsurgery, and external fixation for limb salvage and correction of difficult deformities.
- The program provides preoperative planning, peer discussion, and postoperative management for all reconstructive cases with the opportunity to learn coding and billing.
- The program conducts journal clubs once every month, grand rounds once every two months, and cadaver labs once every two months with local and international speakers.
- The program is sponsored by the Hospital Episcopal San Lucas, which is a tertiary facility and Puerto Rico’s largest private teaching institution with over 150 residents.