James De Meo, DPM, FACFAS, CWS
Other Program Faculty:
Seth Darkey, MD
James Jen, MD
Deidre Norman, RN
Post Graduate Fellow:
2022-2023: Sanghyuk Kim, DPM, AACFAS
Saint Josephs Medical Center
127 South Broadway
Yonkers, NY 10701
Phone: (914) 378-8513
Fax: (914) 378-7991
Number of Positions:
Program Start and End Dates:
July 1 – June 30
ACFAS Standard Fellowship Application Form
- Though the primary focus of training is the advancement of clinical and operative skills, the fellow will be expected to participate in clinical Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine research.
- There will be multiple research opportunities available including access to full-time research staff.
- A weekly research meeting will be held to follow the progress of all ongoing research projects.
- The fellow will be required to complete at least three ongoing projects with at least one project during the year and prepare a manuscript suitable for publication.
Program Summary/Training Goals:
- The goals of the fellowship are to prepare the individual for an academic career in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of foot and ankle wounds and to train physicians to become successful, competent wound care specialists with an additional goal of understanding and incorporating hyperbaric medicine. This will be achieved by scholarly collaboration between the faculty and the fellow.
- The fellowship is an educational program designed to provide advanced knowledge, experience and training in advanced wound care and hyperbaric medicine.