Marque Allen, DPM, FACFAS
Other Program Faculty:
David Schmidt, MD
Geoffrey Glebus, DO
Michael Van Pelt, DPM, FACFAS
Arush Angirasa, DPM, FACFAS
Damien Dauphinee, DPM, FACFAS
Kathren McCarty, DPM, FACFAS
John Konkol, DPM, FACFAS
Robert Taylor, DPM, FACFAS
Lindsey Stevens, MD
Elliot Young, MD
Jennifer Schwart, MD
Dan Santa Maria, MD
Rose Cortina, MD
Post Graduate Fellow:
2022-2023: Stephen L. Smith, DPM
Texas Center for Athletes
21 Spurs Lane, Suite 300
San Antonio, TX 78240
Phone: (210) 379-0951
Fax: (210) 561-7121
Number of Positions:
Program Start and End Dates:
September 1 – August 31
This program will begin accepting new applications in January 2023.
ACFAS Standard Fellowship Application Form
$60,000 + benefits
Spurs Lane – Medical Center; Greater SATX (Alamo Heights, Boerne, etc.); Austin, Dallas
- Required – at least one published and/submission to the Journal of Foot and Ankle Surgery (JFAS).
- Strongly encouraged – manuscript presentation and/or poster at an annual conference (ACFAS, AOFAS, AAOS, etc.)
Program Summary/Training Goals:
- As a fellow within the Sports Medicine Associates of San Antonio, training will occur in a multidisciplinary sports medicine and orthopaedic based practice in conjunction with various other providers. The fellowship also includes training in acute trauma, pediatrics, elective foot and ankle reconstruction, revision surgery, arthroscopy and total ankle arthroplasty.
- The fellowship offers unique opportunities in directly treating athletes from professional teams, Division I, II & III collegiate, and pediatric population(s); as well as the general population.
- Fellows will directly care for athletes during “sideline” coverage and at sports clinics.
- Fellows will work in a team approach alongside other orthopaedic and sports medicine fellows.
- The fellowship will offer training flexibility in pursuing individual professional interests.
- Experience a comprehensive practice model with an on-site surgical center, physical therapy, routine and advanced imaging (including interventional radiology), DME, etc.
- Fellows will participate in all aspects of patient care including pre- and post-operative encounters.
- Fellows will learn important aspects of business and practice management.
- Incoming fellows will be expected to be well-versed and have diverse and comprehensive training in all aspects of foot and ankle surgery including trauma, reconstruction, elective, pediatrics, etc.