Brian Neerings, DPM, FACFAS
Other Program Faculty:
Shane Manning, DPM, FACFAS
Howard Pike, MD
Jaclyn Schwartz, DPM, FACFAS
Trevor Black, DPM, FACFAS
Post Graduate Fellows:
2021-2022: Robert Burdi Jr., DPM, AACFAS and Zinnia Rocha, DPM, AACFAS
2020-2021: Kurtis Bertram, DPM, AACFAS and Geoffrey Cady, DPM, AACFAS
2019-2020: Amy Bruce, DPM, AACFAS and Carl Speer, DPM, AACFAS
The Southeast Permanente Medical Group
20 Glenlake Parkway NE
Atlanta, GA 30328
Phone: (770) 677-5804
Fax: (770) 677-7317
Email: Preferred method of contact email@example.com or Brian.D.Neerings@kp.org
Number of Positions:
Program Start and End Dates:
August 1 – July 31
July 1 of the preceding year
ACFAS Standard Fellowship Application Form
$60,000; full TSPMG benefits provided
TSPMG Metro-Atlanta offices, Emory Saint Joseph's Hospital, Emory University Hospital Midtown, Atlanta Outpatient Surgery Center
Minimum of two papers in peer reviewed journals; poster submission at ACFAS Annual Scientific Conference
Program Summary/Training Goals:
- The Southeast Permanente Medical Group (TSPMG) is one of the largest multi-specialty medical groups in Georgia, working with the Kaiser Foundation Health Plan to provide medical care to members in metropolitan Atlanta.
- The foot and ankle fellow will be provided a broad-based clinical experience focused on adult reconstructive surgery, including sports-related injuries, Charcot reconstruction, and trauma.
- Fellows will spend dedicated time in the outpatient clinics at TSPMG and affiliated hospitals, including call responsibilities. The foot and ankle surgery division is very active, with a busy caseload and a variety of pathology.
- The fellow will participate in journal club, case presentations and attend meetings/conferences.
- The goal of the fellowship is to enhance the fellow’s training and experience with complex foot, ankle and lower leg surgical procedures, as well as to foster an interest in research and education.
If you are interested in applying, please submit an application. A program visit is required for application. Applicants can visit from February through July. Applications can be submitted from February - July. Interviews will be held in August/September. Applications should be uploaded with required materials and sent to the program director at Brian.D.Neerings@kp.org.
Post Graduate Fellows History:
2018-2019: Sara Lewis, DPM, AACFAS, and Joseph Park, DPM, AACFAS
2017-2018: Ali Rahnama Vaghef, DPM, AACFAS
2016-2017: Trevor Black, DPM, FACFAS
2015-2016: Sofie Pinney, DPM, FACFAS
2014-2015: Kyle Abben, DPM, FACFAS