Austin Hewlett, DPM, FACFAS
Other Program Faculty:
Jonathan Bennett, DPM, FACFAS
Jeffrey DeSantis, DPM, FACFAS
Gregory Eirich, DPM, FACFAS
Michael Coyer, DPM, FACFAS
Edward Chin, DPM
Gennady Kolodenker, DPM
Parkson Lin, DPM
Michael Marcus, DPM, FACFAS
Michael Poliskie, DPM, MS, FACFAS
Marcus Yetter, DPM
David Yang, DPM
Brian Au, DPM, AACFAS
Recent Post Graduate Fellows:
2022-2023: Eugene Cheng, DPM
2021-2022: Dana Lin, DPM
2020-2021: Brian Au, DPM, AACFAS
Specialty Surgery Center
15825 Laguna Canyon Road, Suite 200
Irvine, CA 92618
Phone: (949) 718-3955
Number of Positions:
Program Start and End Dates:
July 1 to June 30
ACFAS Standard Fellowship Application Form
$60,000; benefits provided
Fellow required to produce publication-quality paper on sports med topic. Fellow required to: 1. Develop own topic; 2. Preliminary research of topic for relevance; 3. Write paper; 4. Submit for publication.
Program Summary/Training Goals:
- The fellowship is private office based in a sports medicine weighted practice with strong biomechanics implementation.
- Program encourages fellow to work up new patients, determine diagnostic plan, make diagnosis, implement treatment plan.
- For proposed surgeries, the fellow determines surgical plan options, is involved in surgery ranging from assisting to skin to skin participation depending on capability, case complexity and individual surgeon.
- Fellow either in office or at nearby outpatient surgery center when surgical cases are scheduled.
- Outpatient surgical center has 10-15 active attending DPMs that regularly admit cases and teach fellow.
Post Graduate Fellows History:
2019-2020: Jibong Lei, DPM
2018-2019: Neringa Kunigonis, DPM
2017-2018: Jenny Lam, DPM, AACFAS
2016-2017: Ricardo Negron, DPM
2015-2016: Ryan Donegan, DPM
2014-2015: Candice Edwards, DPM
2013-2014: Kate Steklachich, DPM