Michael Dujela, DPM, FACFAS
Other Program Faculty:
Byron Hutchinson, DPM, FACFAS
Jacob McLeod, DPM, FACFAS
Brian Houng, DPM, MS, AACFAS
Keith Birchard, MD
Chad Bender, MD
Nami Kazemi, MD
Christopher Hawkins, MD
Post Graduate Fellow:
2022-2023: Amar Chandra, DPM
2021-2022: Brian Houng, DPM, MS, AACFAS
Washington Orthopaedic Center
1900 Cooks Hill Road
Centralia, WA 98531
Phone: (360) 736-2889
Fax: (360) 736-3136
Current Fellow: email@example.com
Previous Fellow: firstname.lastname@example.org
Number of Positions:
Program Start and End Dates:
July 15 – July 31
ACFAS Standard Fellowship Application Form
Washington Orthopaedic Center Offices and Surgery Center; Providence Centralia Hospital, Providence St. Peter Hospital; Longview Pacific Surgical Center; PeaceHealth St. John Medical Center, Highline Medical Center
- The fellow is expected to participate in and generate multiple scholarly research projects and present work at the ACFAS Annual Scientific Conference.
- The Washington Orthopaedic Center Foot and Ankle Surgery Fellowship is a unique, fellow only (no surgical residents), one-year experience based at a busy orthopedic private practice led by Michael Dujela, DPM, FACFAS. All faculty are fellowship-trained surgeons or fellowship directors.
- The fellow encounters a broad range of foot and ankle pathology, with an emphasis on complex hindfoot and ankle reconstruction, trauma, arthroscopy, and sports medicine, with additional exposure to total ankle replacements, Charcot reconstruction, limb deformity correction, external fixation, and complex revision surgery.
- With a balanced schedule of clinic and surgical cases, the fellow is thoroughly engaged in every aspect of the patients’ surgical treatment plan. The fellow is expected to perform 400-500 cases per year with excellent case diversity and complexity. The fellow will see approximately 5,000 clinic patients over the course of the year.
- Unique features:
- Fellow exchange with Byron Hutchinson, DPM, FACFAS. The fellow will obtain additional exposure to external fixation, limb deformity correction and complex revisions.
- Opportunity for an orthopedic foot and ankle surgery rotation in Germany and Switzerland with internationally recognized leaders including past presidents of the German and Swiss Orthopedic Foot and Ankle Societies.
- Opportunity to become proficient in lower extremity ultrasound-guided regional anesthetic blocks with a board certified anesthesiologist.
- With training stemming from multiple fellowship-trained foot and ankle surgeons and board certified orthopedists, our graduates are expected to become well-rounded physicians and surgeons and future leaders of the profession. There is also a strong academic and research emphasis.