Mark H. Hofbauer, DPM, FACFAS
Other Program Faculty:
Danny Fijalkowski, DPM
Crystal Gunsch, DPM, AACFAS
Recent Post Graduate Fellows:
2022-2023: Austin Vonasek, DPM
2021-2022: Paulina Piekarska, DPM, AACFAS
2020-2021: Rona Law, DPM, AACFAS
Number of Positions:
Program Start and End Dates:
August 1 – July 31
ACFAS Standard Fellowship Application Form
$85,000, benefit package:
- Health benefits
- Malpractice insurance
- Attendance of ACFAS annual scientific conference
- Licensure and certification fees
Completion of at least one paper for scientific journal; poster submission at ACFAS Annual Scientific Conference
Program Summary / Training Goals:
- The goal of this fellowship is to provide a one-year advanced comprehensive program with emphasis on foot and ankle reconstructive surgery and trauma.
- The faculty will include podiatric and orthopedic surgeons.
- A one-year calendar has been established to include: weekly x-ray and surgical case reviews, monthly journal club, monthly book club, monthly research meeting, monthly case log review and quarterly fellow reviews.
- The Fellow will attend the ACFAS Annual Scientific Conference, as well as two other CME programs.
- The Fellow will help coordinate and speak at quarterly fellowship lecture CME meetings at the host institution.
- Fellow duties will be: primarily OR cases and clinic on non-OR days.
- Training goals will include: “hands-on” OR cases (approx. 500 cases); clinical instruction with fellow to be proficient and function independently in all aspects of foot and ankle care at the completion of the fellowship.
Post Graduate Fellow History:
2019-2020: Crystal Gunsch, DPM, AACFAS
2018-2019: Sham Persaud, DPM, MS, AACFAS
2017-2018: Raymond Delpak, DPM, AACFAS
2016-2017: Ted Lai, DPM, FACFAS
2015-2016: Mark Bullock, DPM, FACFAS
2014-2015: Joshua Thun, DPM, FACFAS
2013-2014: Alexander Pappas, DPM, FACFAS
2012-2013: Peter Stasko, DPM, FACFAS
2011-2012: Jaytinder Sandhu, DPM, FACFAS